Thursday 31 January 2008


Didn't really feel like cooking dinner today but when you are the head chef and the only chef, not cooking is not an option. Usually when I'm just too lazy to cook, we would have toasted cheese sandwich. But I didnt feel like having toasted cheese sandwich today...Opened the freezer and saw a nice piece of topside waiting to be used, and I just remembered that there's a bunch of English spinach in the chiller as well. Before the spinach turns into a brown slimy blob, I might as well use it for dinner tonite. So, after much thinking about tonite's menu, I decided to make crumbed beef strips with the topside, sauteed spinach and grilled bread. The crumbed beef went down well because the kids like anything crumbed. But the spinach wasn't received with as much enthusiasm as you would expect Popeye to do. And the reference to Popeye at the dinner table went over their heads....the generation gap huh! So, here it is, tonite's dinner...

No comments: