Thursday 28 February 2008

It's still very hot today and probably going to get hotter tomorrow. I heard it got up to 41ºC today but it was even hotter in the car. It got up to an unbelievable 46º in the car this afternoon when I went to pick the kids up from school. I've never seen it gone up that high. The car thermometer must be playing up! Luckily 1 more day of school before a 3 day weekend. Monday is a public holiday here in WA for Labour Day holiday.

Since I was so unmotivated to cook last nite, I thought I would make it up tonite by cooking something nice,haha...Malam tadi dah balik Perth balik with the BBQ so malam ni I wanted to continue the food journey somewhere further. Still tak 'singgah' Malaysia lagi ni,hehehe...Maybe this weekend lah akan 'singgah' kampung halaman. Or bila terasa nak makan nasi again nanti,hehe...


For tonite's dinner, we 'flew' to Morocco or Maghribi in Malay. Tonite's dinner was Roast chicken with Moroccan couscous. Couscous ni asal dari North Africa terutamanya di kalangan kaum Berber, tak silap lah, my food history is a bit rusty ;-). But I know that couscous is made from durum wheat, the same wheat that pasta is made out of from, tapi bentuk dia lain sesangat lah compared to pasta. Couscous ni bentuk dia like very small grains. Nowadays, it's so easy to get instant couscous from the supermarket. You just have to pour boiling stock or water into it and the grains will puff up. Then, you can flavour it with whatever you like basically. I added pistachio, currants, onions, peas, capsicum, spices and some mixed salad leaves to the fluffed couscous. Lain lah rasanya dari makan nasi or pasta or kentang hari2. Kadang2 boring jugak makan benda yg sama aje hari2 kan,hehehe...
And for dessert, the kids wanted fruit n marshmallow skewers again. I was happy to oblige, hehe...


I wonder where we'll go next,hahahahahaha.....


p/s Little Miss soon-to-be-9 received a merit award at school for 'her acrostic poem about moths'. Huh?, hehehe...That's what I said when I heard the word. That's what the other half said when he heard the word. We had to open up the dictionary to find out the meaning of acrostic, hahaha....


No comments: