Monday 10 March 2008

This post was supposed to be posted last nite but due to the stupid blogger server problem, I wasn't able to upload any photos. I still couldn't upload any photos this morning, so I had to use Picasa blog to upload my photos onto this blog. Sikit nya leceh and susah betul nak upload photos, gerammmm betul!... Tak tau lah apa problem dia and when they are going to fix it but in the meantime, I guess I have to use Picasa to upload my photos...
This is what happened yesterday, Sunday....
My blog post hari ni will be a bit off topic. I'm not going to talk about dinner today sbb I didn't cook much tonite. Here's the story...

The day started off fine, a glorious autumn day. We loaded the bicycles onto the car and drove to King's Park to go bike riding there which we haven't done for quite a while now. We stopped halfway at the Lotterywest playground for the kids to burn off some energy. It was a really good bike ride. Then we headed back to the car to go to a nearby kebab shop to buy our lunch to take to the river for a picnic.

That's when things started to go wrong! The car couldn't be started at all, not even a cough or a splutter came from the engine. It was completely dead. We were really surprised because we've just had the car inspected 2 weeks ago so it should be running smoothly right. The other half and I know nothing about car so there's no point in us trying to open the bonnet and fiddle with the engine. He thought the battery was dead that's why we couldn't start the car. We had to call AHG for service, which they then told us that it would take 2 hours for someone to come and fix the problem. Luckily we were parked next to the Synergy Playground so the kids were quite happy to play around while waiting for the car to be fixed. But it was already lunch time and we didn't bring anything to eat apart from some biscuits. So, the other half had to cycle to the kebab shop which luckily was only 15 minutes away on the bike. Alkhamdulillah, we brought the bikes along or else the other half had to walk to the kebab shop to get our lunch, hehehe....
Well, we did still have our picnic lunch but not by the river. The little misses didn't mind as long as there's a playground nearby. These are some photos of what happened there .....


Having a rest while waiting for daddy to bring back lunch..

Look mum, I'm sitting on this old log...

Oooooopppppssss, help, I'm stuck!

Photo after the fall when miss soon-to-be-9 and I were trying really hard not to laugh at miss 4 1/2 who's injured her pride with that fall...

After waiting for 2 hours, the guy finally came and he told us that the car battery has definitely gone to the battery heaven somewhere in the sky. We had to fork out $190 to get the battery replaced there and then! Another big expense for the beloved car. We've had the car for a few years now and this is the first time we've ever had to replace the battery so I guess the next battery replacement will be in 3 years time.Got home safe and sound but was so tired to cook dinner. I made corn and zucchini fritters and the little misses had chips and chicken goujons from the freezer. Can't wait for bedtime!

p/s I'll post the fritters photo later when I've got the hang of Picasa blog

Posted by Picasa

No comments: