Saturday 3 August 2013

25 days in

Tak sangka betul ramai yang terliur tengok the swedish meatballs and creamy gravy I tu, hehehe.

Biasa lah kan, bila tengah puasa, segalanya nampak sedap kan! Winking smile.

I used this recipe for the meatballs but obviously guna 100% beef mince lah.

I also used the same recipe for the gravy but I tak masak the meatballs in the gravy at the last step tu. I cuma tuang gravy on top of the meatballs and mash aje.

Making gravy in the same pan as the one you fry your meatballs is the best thing to do.

Jangan bersihkan pan tu, the burnt crunchy bits tu lah yang membuatkan gravy anda sedap!

And the most important thing is, you have to adjust any recipe according to your taste lah ye.

Macam swedish meatballs tu, I added a bit of paprika for a bit of spice. But jangan tak letak allspice or nutmeg tu sebab those are the spices regularly used by the Swedes I guess.

Kalau you all nak letak chilli powder sbb you all suka pedas, it’s up to you but tak boleh lah panggil swedish meatballs kan Smile.

For the creamy parmesan mashed potato pulak, it’s like any other mashed potato recipe.

Once you have cooked and mashed the potatoes, masa tengah panas2 tu, I added loads of butter, cream and parmesan and salt and pepper to the mash. And mix it really well.

But don’t forget to adjust the seasonings according to your taste ye.

Like The Other Half, he would love it if I add more butter to the mash but nanti I kena tukar nama the mash potato tu heart attack mash potato instead of creamy mash potato pulak nya kan!

hahahaha….

Resipi tart nenas yang I selalu guna pulak is recipe Princess Haryati sbb I suka yg gebu2 Smile.

Weekend ni I pulun buat biskut raya sebab nak bagi kat Ustazah2 the girls at Sunday school.

Bukannya buat untuk we all, hahahaha…

But gambar biskut tak ambik lagi so you all layan aje lah gambar our dinners for the past 2 nights.

On Thursday nite, I made fettucine in walnut sauce.

IMG_6269

Makan pulak dgn honey mustard drumsticks and pear salad.

IMG_6274

The walnut sauce is basically like pesto but thinner and creamier.

IMG_6272

I love this kind of pasta much more than tomato-based ones.

And last nite since Miss 14 reminded me that Friday nite is pizza nite, I made ‘pizza’.

But I made the Turkish pizza version called samsun pide.

IMG_6279

It’s a boat Smile.

Kat Msia, orang sibuk buat biskut sampan lah, tart sampan lah sebab nak raya.

I buat roti pizza sampan, hehehe.

IMG_6284

And I also made chocolate hazelnut melting moments semalam for our buka snack.

IMG_6290

IMG_6286

Malam ni we all makan leftovers and whatever we can find in the fridge and freezer aje so tu yang boleh pulun buat biskut Smile.

3 comments:

Sutera ungu said...

nasib baik you post the recipe..tadi siap men'google' recipe ni sebelum menjengah masuk blog ni..tqvm..nanti boleh cuba. btw, teringat kat your past post pasal hazelnut flavoring for your coffee,brand apa ye kat worthworth tu? hehehe baru beli nespresso machine so tgh nak try-menery the coffee..and thinking to add the hazelnut flavor as you did.

redbox said...

oh akak..u sgt awesome! thanks bg resepi!!

lemongrass said...

Sutera ungu,
We all beli brand Nestle coffeemate. Dai ada hazelnut and vanilla tak silap. Skrg bnyk pods yg compatible dgn nespresso machine tu kan so mcm2 flavours u boleh try kan :-)

Redbox,
u r welcome :-)